Words are so incredibly powerful! The words we speak to ourselves, the words we speak to our children and the words other people speak to us. All of those words have a deep impact on how we behave and what we think of ourselves and the world around us.
I have one child who is incredibly positive. She surrounds herself with positive words and positive things. She speaks with kindness and confidence to herself.
I have another who defaults to negativity and beating himself up. The minute he waivers he speaks negative words to himself and those around us. So we are working on changing his narrative so that he learns to default to positivity instead.
Daily affirmations can be so incredibly powerful and can set the tone of your day. I have a set of affirmations I say daily and when I feel a little unsettled I add a few different ones. The difference they make is incredible.
We are using February, the month of love, to focus on showing ourselves some love with 28 daily affirmations.
Each day you can repeat the daily affirmation and the one from the day before. Say them with your child so they learn to really embrace the process.
This might also be a good time to start journaling with your child. You can encourage your child to journal about pretty much anything.
- There is no one better to be than myself.
2. I am enough.
3. I am amazing.
4. All of my problems have solutions.
5. Today I am a leader.
6. I am in charge of my life.
7. I have the power to make my dreams come true.
8. I believe in myself and my abilities.
9. I matter.
10. Today I choose to be confident.
11. I believe in myself.
12. I am proud of myself.
13. I deserve to be happy.
14. I can make a difference.
15. Everything will be ok.
16. Today I choose to think positive.
17. I can do anything I put my mind to.
18. I have everything I need right now.
19. I am capable of so much.
20. Today is going to be a great day.
21. I forgive myself for my mistakes.
22. My challenges help me grow.
23. I am perfect just the way I am.
24. I stand up for what I believe in.
25. I believe in my goals and dreams.
26. I have courage and confidence.
27. I can control my own happiness.
28. I have people who love and respect me.